Have You Been Taking Your Oral Health Seriously?
Preventive dentistry is the key to maintaining a healthy and attractive smile… and it all starts with you. However, sometimes it can be a challenge to keep up with a proper and consistent oral care routine when our lives get busy, or when we become overwhelmed by other responsibilities. That’s why we’re here to remind you about the importance of making your oral health a priority, always.
So, how can you make sure you’re doing all you can for the health of your mouth?
- Make sure you’re brushing twice a day (with a tooth paste containing fluoride and a soft- bristled brush), for at least two minutes each session
- Make sure you’re flossing every day (the correct way- below and up the gum line on every side of each tooth)
- Brush the tongue or use a tongue scraper every day… there’s a ton of bacteria in there!
- Eat a healthy, nutrient-rich diet, and control your sugar consumption
- Never skip a professional cleaning/exam appointment with your dentist
- See your dentist as soon as you experience any warning signs, such as persisting pain in a tooth
What Happens During a Cleaning?
At a cleaning and check-up appointment with your dentist, you’ll be examined for any potential oral issues, and will be asked about your medical history or any problems you may be experiencing. During the cleaning portion of your visit, the dental hygienist will use special instruments to scrape away at plaque and tartar on the surfaces of your teeth, and will polish them smooth at the end of your treatment. The dentist or hygienist will be happy to demonstrate any cleaning techniques to use at home that may be able to help you improve your personal oral care routine.
Put Good Oral Health at the Top of Your List
By making good oral health care a priority, you’ll be helping to protect yourself from common problems such as tooth decay, enamel wear, gum disease, bad breath, gum recession, and sensitivity. Also, remember… a healthy smile is an attractive smile!
Our Huntsville Dental Clinic Cares
Our Muskoka dentist team helps patients achieve a cleaner, healthier mouth every day with our preventive services (dental cleaning & check-ups). Is it time for a professional cleaning? We’d love to hear from you!